Instagram is a photo and social video sharing platform. Many people use it for different purposes. From the story to IGTV, there is too much that happens on Instagram. This is a platform to find all types of accounts to be followed according to your interests. Not only that; There is a contact on Instagram too. You can send messages to people by replying to their stories or just writing them directly. But what if your message is removed. In this article, we will explain how to restore the deleted Instagram message.
Instagram is not a chat platform, but sometimes we can find a topic to write a lot about. Usually, this comes out when you reply to someone’s story. You can delete messages accidentally or for other reasons, but when you want to recover deleted Instagram messages, it’s possible, and there are three ways to do it.
Recovering Messages From the Other Side
When you delete messages on Instagram, you just delete it from your account. So your message is still in a message directly from someone else if he doesn’t delete it too.
One of the easiest ways to recover your message is to ask the recipient to hand it to you. This is one of the fastest ways for the recovery of Instagram messages. However, if you don’t follow each other again, you might want to try another way to get your message again.
Recovering From Facebook Account
In 2012, Facebook bought Instagram and since then it is possible to connect your Instagram account to Facebook. For those who connected their accounts, there is good news. If you have connected your Instagram account to the Facebook account, it is much easier to retrieve the deleted Instagram messages.
Your messages are collected on Facebook, too. So you can find your direct Instagram direct messages in the Facebook inbox. Simply follow these simple steps to see your messages deleted on Instagram:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click the ‘Messages’ button located in the upper right corner of the page.
- You have now reached your inbox.
- There will be a menu on the left side, click on the ‘Instagram Direct’ icon, and you will find your DM messages here..
Recovering Messages Manually
If you have not logged in your account on Facebook, do not worry. Facebook recovery is easy, but everyone does not connect their account, and it is always possible to recover deleted Instagram messages without a Facebook account.
Instagram has started a function that allows you to download any type of data from its web page. You can download direct messages, photos, videos, comments, etc. Let’s see how you can download your messages:
- Open the Instagram Web site on a PC and log in to your account by entering your username and password.
- Go to your profile; There is a profile icon on the upper right corner of the page.
- Click ‘Settings’ and select “Privacy and Security” from the context menu.
- Scroll down and click the ‘Download Data’ button. Instagram will ask you to check you, log in to your account again.
- Then enter your e-mail address for an Instagram link to download your messages, photos, videos and profile information.
- Click “Next” and enter your Instagram password and click on ‘Download Request.’
- Once you have done, you will get an Instagram e-mail as part of “your Instagram data” in 48 hours.
- Open the e-mail and click ‘Download Data, all the data you shared on Instagram will be downloaded to a ZIP file.
- Extract the files from the ZIP file and locate the message file. Once you open it, you can see Instagram messages removed from yours.