Deleting data, such as cookies, for example, can be useful to free up storage space and speed up your phone. Furthermore, it is a good precaution against the disclosure of confidential information. Many hackers target the information contained in the cookies, trying to derive your passwords, bank account information, etc.
Therefore, it can be very beneficial to delete unwanted data such as app and website cookies. Below we list some methods to easily delete cookies from iPhone / iPad.
What are cookies? Why Should I Delete Cookies from my iPhone?
Cookies are small encrypted text files, stored in the browser directory of the customer or website user. Cookies contain a reasonable amount of customer information; this information is transferred to the website owner via a server.
People tend to delete cookies from their iPhones for the following reasons:
- Security reasons: Some malicious websites may transfer cookies to your iPhone to track financial transactions, thereby stealing the site user’s identity.
- Fast loading: Most iPhone users clear browser cookies to recover the original browsing performance.
- Privacy: By deleting the cookies and information that have been acquired, you can preserve your privacy by eliminating your browsing habits and the sites you visit.
1. Best Free Methods to Delete All App Cookies from iPhone
With iMyFone Umate Pro you can delete cookies from iPhone. This deletion program is useful for deleting cookies from Safari and other Apps. With this program you can quickly delete all cookies on the iPhone with just 1 click, and it’s totally FREE!
iMyFone Umate Pro iPhone Cleaner
- Clear Junk: Removes caches and crash logs of all apps, which take up your iPhone storage space and slow performance.
- Erase Temporary Files: Erase downloaded temporary files, user storage files and corrupt files.
- Compress Photos : It will restore 75% of the space occupied by the photos without any compromise in terms of quality.
- Bulk Erase Photos and Videos: Bulk erase all unwanted photos and videos, automatically creating a backup of the original files on your PC.
To clear cookies, cache and crash logs from your iPhone, you need to follow the simple steps listed below.
STEP 1: Download and install iMyFone Umate Pro, and connect your iOS device to the computer.
STEP 2: Click Quick Scan to perform a full space saver analysis to see how much space you can free up.
STEP 3: Click the Clear button and select Junk File to clear all apps’ cookies. (You may notice that there are only 4 types of junk files listed, but this option will remove any unnecessary files, such as app cache files, app cookie files, temporary app files, etc.)
2. Free Methods to Delete Safari Cookies from iPhone
STEP 1: Open / Launch Settings in iOS.
STEP 2: down and click on Safari.
STEP 3: Select Clear History and Website Data at the bottom of the screen.
Damage of Cookies: When you visit a website with your Safari web browser, the history, caches and cookies are automatically preserved so that you can easily access that site during any subsequent visits. Most of this history data takes up memory space and slows down your iPhone. On the other hand, cookies can get in the way of Safari’s browsing speed and make you hate your phone.
3. Free Ways to Remove Specific Website Cookies from your iPhone
If you want to delete cookies from a specific website, the actions to be taken are a little more complicated. To delete cookies from a specific website, follow the detailed instructions below.
STEP 1: Go to Settings and click on Safari.
STEP 2: Scroll down and click on Advanced.
STEP 3: Click on Edit. Here all the websites which caches are stored on your device will be shown.
STEP 4: Click on the minus red icon corresponding to the website whose cookies you want to delete, and click on Delete.
4. Permanently Delete Cookies from iPhone to Avoid Disclosure of Privacy
It would be better to permanently delete cookies rather than simply delete them!
Although the methods described above are useful if you want to clear cookies from the iPhone for specific websites or for all websites, they are not very safe. The cookies removed in this way can be easily recovered by any hacker. As mentioned above, cookies can contain very confidential information, such as your password and other private data.
Fortunately, with iMyFone Umate Pro you can permanently delete cookies from the iPhone without them being recoverable anymore.
Main features of iMyFone Umate Pro
- Permanently delete Safari cookies, caches and history: The cookies, caches and history of all websites will be permanently deleted from the iPhone without there being any possibility of recovering them.
- Permanently erase private messages, contacts, call history, notes, photos, videos, WhatsApp and more from your iPhone.
- Find incomplete traces and fragments of third-party apps and permanently delete them: SnapChat, Facebook, Twitter, Chrome, Viber, Instagram etc.
- Files deleted by normal methods are easily recoverable. With this program you can find and delete them permanently.
How do I permanently delete cookies from my iPhone?
STEP 1: Launch iMyFone Umate Pro from the computer and connect your iPhone.
STEP 2: Once the iPhone is detected, go to “Erase Private Data” and click on “Erase”.
STEP 3: All private data will be shown here. You can see the preview of “Safari cookies” and select the cookies to delete. Finally click on “Cancel Now”.
3 tricks to delete cookies from iPhone / iPad
1. Turn on the phishing filter and content blocker
To turn on the Anti-Phishing filter, click on Settings> Safari and click on Insecure Site Warning. Once turned on, if the website you are visiting is a suspicious phishing site, Safari’s Anti-Phishing feature will show a warning.
To turn on Content Blockers, you need to download a content blocker app from the App Store. Click on Settings> Safari> Content Blocker and enable the extensions you want to use. Content Blockers are extensions that effectively block Safari cookies. To save time and effort you can enable any type of content blocker.
2. Block iOS cookies
To block cookies, click on Settings> Safari> Block Cookies and choose one of the following options: Always Block, Only allow from the current website, Allow from websites I visit or Always allow. In this case, choose Always Block.
3. Delete information from your iOS device: cookies, cache and history
To clear your history and Safari cookies with iOS 8 or newer, click on Settings> Safari> Clear History and Website Data.
To delete cookies from the iPad running iOS 7 or newer, click on Clear History and then on Clear Cookies and Data. By deleting your history, cookies and browsing data from Safari, you will not change the information regarding Auto-Complete.
Why do we need to perform the actions described above?
It is important to turn on the phishing filter, as Phishing attacks are among the most common security problems faced by individuals who want to keep their information safe.
It is important to block cookies as websites often store cookies and other data on your device. This data may include information you have provided, such as your name and email address. So, if you want to keep your iPad private and safe, you need to block cookies.
The last step is simply to clear the history data, so as to avoid unnecessary data storage.